American Derby Diva
July 4th Tag
1. Seashells President's Day Scrapkit HERE
2. Font Stars n Stripes HERE
3. Patriotic Tube of choice. I am using the gorgeous art of
4. ScrapsDimensions mask # 5 HERE
5. Vix Mask # 255 HERE
6. Xero filter - porcelain ( download link on right side of blogsite under filters/plugins )
** Hints **
A. For SD mask # 5 Color Palette #000080 f/g and b/g
B. For Vix mask # 255 Color Palette #c00000
C. For font use foreground color A and background color B above.
D. Drop shadow settings Vertical 3, Horizontal 2, Blur 4.00, Opacity 100. Color #000040
Let's Get Started !
1. Open a new file ( file > new ) in PSP 600 x 600 , tick the transparent box . Flood fill with #000080 as directed in step " A" in hints above . Open SD mask # 5 > Layers > new mask layer > from image. Copy and paste onto flood filled blue file " as new layer " > Layers > merge visible. . Delete SD mask # 5 original.
2. Open a new file in PSP ( file > new ) 600 x 600 .Make sure transparent box is still ticked .
Flood fill this file with #c00000 as indicated above in " hints " B . Open Vix mask # 255. Layers > new mask layer > from image . Left click on image > copy > paste " as new layer " onto flood filled red file. Layers > merge visible. Delete vix mask original.
3. Copy and paste Vix # 255 mask onto SB # 5 mask " as new layer " Layers > merge visible.
4. Open single fireworks display from Seashell's kit , element # 6 , Copy and paste onto upper left corner of image as " new selection " , position as shown. Take care not to cut off the edges of the fireworks, keep it away from edge of tag/file. Once positioned , > selections > select none . DO NOT drop shadow on this element.
5. Open all three balloons ( red/white/blue ) from Seashell's kit. Resize the white balloon to 70% .Adjust > sharpen. . Resize the blue and red balloons each to 70 % , twice . Adjust > sharpen .Copy and paste white balloon first " as new selection" , position as shown . Effects > 3 D effects > drop shadow. Selections > select none . Copy and paste red balloon next as shown to the right of the white one " as new selection " Effects > 3D effects > drop shadow. Selections > select none. Copy and paste the blue balloon " as new selection" , position as shown. Effects > 3D effects > selections > select none.
6. Copy and paste element # 6 again onto middle right side of tag " as new selection " , position as shown, making sure fireworks are not cut off or touching edge of tag . Selections > Select none .
7. Set foreground color in layers palette as directed in " HINTS " for font. Type out Happy 4th of July . I used font size 24 , stroke width 1.0. I stretched this font out a bit to cover area and I also stretched the height a bit . :Position font 6 squares from the bottom of your tag . Effects > 3D effects > drop shadow. Layers > merge visible.
8. Copy and paste tube of choice onto tag " as new selection " , position as desired . Effects > 3 D effects > drop shadow . Selections > select none .
9. Open element # 16 from kit , resize to 25% . Adjust > sharpen . Copy and paste onto left side of font " as new selection" positioning as shown. Effects > 3D effects > drop shadow . Selections > select none. Repeat this on the right side of font as shown.
10. Resize tag to 90% > Adjust > sharpen
11. Xero filter porcelain with these settings : Softness 50, Strength 36, Red 0 , Green 0, Blue 60.
12. Add proper credits to your tag , save as PNG file.
This tag and tutorial were created by Barbie L on July 3rd 2010. Do not copy or reproduce,do not claim as your own . Do not post to any group or website without my expressed/written permission.