I am using the beautiful art of Barbara Jensen HERE
1. Scrapkit by Bea Creations " Santa is Coming"
3. Mask of choice
4. Font of choice
5. Cybia Screenworks filter/Plugin
6. Animation Shop
* Hints *
Drop shadow settings : Vertical 3, Horizontal 2, Opacity 100, Blurr 4.00, Color Black
Use my snow tutorial for Vanderlee Plugin
Let's Get Started
1. Open a new file in PSP any version ( file > new ) size 600 x 600 pixels , tick the transparent box in the window. . Open paper paper # 12 from BC kit . Copy > paste " as new layer" onto file >layers > merge visible. Delete paper. Open Christmas mask of choice . Layers > new mask layer > from image . Copy and paste new mask image onto papered file " as new layer " > layers > merge visible. Delete original mask file and new mask layer image . Set this aside for later step.
2. Open a new file in psp as above , change size to 570 x 570 pixels, tick transparent box in the window. Open glitter 01 from BC kit . Resize image to 140 > adjust > sharpen. Copy and paste onto new file " as new layer " > layers > merge visible. Open deco 03 from BC scrapkit . Copy and paste onto right side of file " as new selection" and position as shown on right side of file , green star at top should be 1 and 1/2 blocks from top . Effects > 3D effects> drop shadow. Selections > select none. Copy and paste mask from step # 1 onto this file " as new layer " > layers > merge visible. ..
3. Open flower 03 ( poinsettia ) from BC kit . Copy and paste onto left lower side of mask " as new selection" Effects > 3d effects > drop shadow > selections > select none. Left click on flower o3 tube, > image > mirror > copy and paste " as new selection" onto right side of tag directly across from the one on the left for symmetry, take care to stay off edge of tag . Effects > 3D effects . drop shadow.
4. . Left click on deco 03 tube > image > mirror > resize to 80%. Copy and paste onto left side of tag " as new selection" and position as shown overlapping mask.> selections > select none.
5. Open tube of choice . If you are using Barbara Jensen's tube as I have, remove bottom 3 blocks of tube with eraser brush using these settings size 50, opacity 100. You should be erasing just to the bottom edge of thicker part of her stockings . Copy and paste onto tag " as new selection" , position as shown , > effects . 3 D effects . drop shadow > selections > select none.
6. Open Ribbon 02 from BC kit. Copy and paste " as new selection" onto bottom of tube of choice , position as shown to hide bottom edge of tube . Effects > 3D effects > selections > select none.
7. Open Candle trio 01 from BC kit. Image > resize to 85%. > edit > repeat resize 3 times more. Adjust > sharpen . Copy and paste onto lower left side of tag " as new selection" , position as shown if need be bow on candle should cover edge of tube of choice to hide edge > effects > 3D effects > drop shadow > selections > select none. Left click on candle 01 tube > image > mirror > copy and paste onto lower right side of tag " as new selection", position as shown. again directly across from other candles on left for symmetry > effects > 3D effects > drop shadow > selections> select none.
8. OPTIONAL : you can stop here and save as PNG file , or you can merge all layers flat and move to animation shop now and add snow keeping these origninal colors. If not , proceed as follows :
9. Left click on tag. Effects > Plugins > cybia > screen works > dot screen > setting 0 > click OK . Adjust > Hue and Saturation > colorize > hue 144, saturation 80 > click ok . Layers > merge all / flatten. Add Proper credits to tag . Copy tag and paste into Animation Shop " as new animation " . Duplicate frames 6 times for a total of 7 frames.
10. Follow my tutorial for Vanderlee Snow on this blog ....... as follows :
1. Make sure layers palette is checked and open
2.Duplicate your jpeg image 6 times , for a total of 7 layers.
3. Highlight the bottom layer on your layers palette
4.. Effects > plugins> vanderlee snowflakes
Use these settings in the vanderlee snowflakes window:
top middle box 50%
minimum size 0
maximum size 9
snow color -basic snow
Random seed 0
Click "OK" > close off layer
5. Get next layer from bottom , leave all settings in vanderlee window the same except " Random seed" change to 100. Click "ok" close off layer.
6. Continue each layer the same except increase the random seed by 100 each layer .
7. Once all layers have had snow added to them , increasing increments of random seed by 100, open bottom layer > copy > open Animations shop " paste as new image "
8.Close off that layer in Psp, get the next layer from the bottom and copy > animation shop > paste " after selected frame " .
9. Continue this process until all layers are moved to animations shop and pasted " after current frame "
10 . Once you have all your layers in animation shop, click " view animation" > save as GIF file
Thanks for trying my tutorial ! Tag and tutorial are solely my own created on 11/06/2010 by BarbieL . Please do not hotlink, do not post on any website, blog, forum or in any group without my permission , do not claim as your own.